2020 WiDS was held Friday, March 19, from 12:00pm to 5:00 p.m. Eastern. You can view the event in the videos below.
WiDS Charlottesville is an independent event organized by the UVA School of Data Science to coincide with the annual Global Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference held at Stanford University and an estimated 150+ locations worldwide. All genders are invited to attend WiDS regional events, which feature outstanding women doing outstanding work.
If you're planning on attending 2021 WiDS Charlottesville and would like to be apart of our resume book, send a PDF of your resume here.
- Christine Borgman, Distinguished Research Professor in Information Studies, Director, Center for Knowledge Infrastructures ,UCLA
- Facilitated response and Q&A by Michele Claibourn, Faculty Director, Lead Data Scientist Democratization of Data, The Equity Center, UVA
- Katherine Schinkel, Data Scientist, Stitch Fix (MSDS 16)
- Hope McIntyre, Lead Data Scientist, Storyblocks (MSDS 16)
- Melissa Phillips, Data Scientist, CCRI (MSDS 20)
- Moderated by Caroline Iurillo, Senior Data Scientist, Microsoft
- Sponsored by Microsoft Azure
- Christina Canavan, Managing Director, Deloitte Advisory
- Vinita Fordham, Specialist Leader, Deloitte Consulting
- Sarah Milsom, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting
- Moderated by Madison Gallagher, Manager, Deloitte Consulting
- Sponsored by The Deloitte AI Institute for Government
An Introduction to Data Linking
- Rachel House, Senior Data Scientist, S&P Global Artificial Intelligence
- Data linking. Record linkage. Entity resolution. Data matching. Object identification. The fascinating field of data linking is known by many names, and at its core, seeks to identify records from disparate datasets that refer to the same real-world entity. Join Rachel House, Senior Data Scientist, S&P Global Artificial Intelligence for a high-speed tour of data linking basics in which we'll explore: the need for data linking, how it works, its challenges, and practical knowledge for applying data linking to your own use cases.
- Presentation Slides
- This session is sponsored by S&P Global
- Vicki Schmanske, Intelligence Group President, Leidos
If you or your company is interested in sponsoring WiDS, check out the attachment below!