In partnership with UVA School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
This three week online experience will enable you to articulate concepts, algorithms, and tools to build intelligent systems while formulating various supervised and unsupervised models. You’ll be able to apply practical skill sets on designing, deploying, and analyzing deep network architectures on complex real-world problems.
Program topics include big data preprocessing and handling, deep neural network design and optimization, image classification with convolutional neural nets, sequence modeling with recurrent neural nets, generative learning with generative adversarial nets, and deploying deep learning models to scale.
This program is intended for individuals with working knowledge of Python as well as a strong foundation in mathematical concepts such as: variables, linear equations, graphs of functions, histograms, and statistical means.
Nada Basit - Assistant Professor, UVA Department of Computer Science
N. Rich Nguyen - Assistant Professor, UVA Department of Computer Science
- Asynchronous Online Learning (Nov 7-21)
- Videos and self-paced tutorials
- Synchronous Online Learning (exact times TBA)
- November 7, 3 hours: Live lectures, workshops, and discussions
- November 14, 3 hours: Live lectures, workshops, and discussions
- November 21, 3 hours: Live presentations of participant projects to industry experts
- Nov 7-21: Group project working sessions (as needed)
- November 7-21, 2020