Are you Eligible to Apply?
To be considered for admission into the MINDS Young Adult program, you must be a high school graduate between the ages of 18 and 35.
Steps for Applying:
Step 1: Complete three short assessments with the Daivergent tool. To begin, register on Daivergent. Then, click the following links to complete each of the three assessments:
1) Assessment 1
2) Assessment 2
3) Assessment 3
Step 2: Submit the application by clicking here. Below is a list of items the application will ask you to fill out and upload. Items 1-7 are required. We strongly encourage you to submit items 8 and 9 if they apply to you.
- Application form
- Project/work experience (uploading a resume is optional but encouraged)
- Documentation of neurodiversity (Documentation Guidelines)
- Copy of transcripts from high school and any college coursework (official or unofficial copies)
- Statement of interest in MINDS program (short answer responses)
- One completed parent/caregiver input form
- One or two completed recommendation forms from someone who has worked with the student in an academic or work setting
- Optional: Copy of most recent Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan (strongly encouraged if this is applicable)
- Optional: Copy of any recent psychological or psychoeducational testing (strongly encouraged if this is applicable)
The MINDS Program is a free pilot program that will be conducted as part of a University of Virginia research study. If you are chosen as a finalist for the Program, brief assessments will be performed by the MINDS team and will require travel to Charlottesville for an appointment. At this point, you will be given further information regarding the program and research study. If you choose to participate, you will be asked to sign a consent form. For questions about the study or program, contact Principal Investigator Erica Rouch at MINDSprogram@virginia.edu.
Complete the Request for Information form to join our mailing list for news and application updates.