To be considered for admission into the MINDS Young Adult program, you must be a high school graduate between the ages of 18 and 25. To apply, you will be asked to submit the following:
- Application for Admission form (which includes a short essay)
- Current and comprehensive documentation of neurodiversity to include appropriate written evaluation by a licensed professional, according to established documentation guidelines (Documentation Guidelines)
- Copy of transcripts from high school and former college, if applicable (official or unofficial)
- Copy of most recent Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan, if applicable
- Copy of any recent psychological or psychoeducational testing, if applicable
- At least two (2) completed recommendation forms (see website for forms) from someone who has worked with the student in an academic setting (to be submitted by applicant in sealed envelope or mailed/emailed directly from recommender)
We are directing program participants to apply to the MINDS program by clicking this link to the application.
The MINDS Program is a free pilot program that will be conducted as part of a University of Virginia research study. If you are chosen as a finalist for the Program, brief assessments will be performed by the MINDS team and will require travel to Charlottesville for an appointment. At this point, you will be given further information regarding the program and research study. If you choose to participate, you will be asked to sign a consent form. For questions about the study or program, contact Principal Investigator Catherine Anderson.
The application will be available early Fall 2021. Please complete the Request for Information form to get on the list to receive an email when the application is available.