Engage with us! Go to PollEv.com/datapalooza2020 to submit or upvote questions for the current talk/panel. Our speakers are excited to hear from you!
12PM EST: Welcome Address
12:15PM: Opening Keynote "Positive Impact of Data Science on Emerging and Reemerging Disease - COVID 19."
- John J. McGowan, Deputy Director for Science Management, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, NIH
1:15PM: Panel: "Data Science that Works With and For Our Communities"
- EDetectives: Automated detection of eating disorders in dieting forums (Jiaxing “Joy” Qiu MSDS '20)
- The Charlottesville Housing Hub: A Platform to Make Housing Navigation Easier (Adam Lutz)
- Reaching for the Stars and Landing on the Moon: Improving Local Government Open Data (Christof Ferhman, UVA PhD Student in Quantitative Psychology & Lucas Lyons, Systems Performance Analyst, Charlottesville Fire Department)
- Abigail Cox, Program Associate, Smart Cville
- Covid-19, from Molecules to Populations: Identifying Potential Therapeutics through Structure-Based Interactomes and Patient Health Outcomes (Brooke Williams, Cory Yemen, Kevin Lennon)
- U.S. Presidential Election Forecasting (Ben Rogers, Spencer Marusco, Chad Sopata, Matt Thomas)
- Measuring Infrastructure Damage with Satellite Imagery (Jordan Bales, Will Carruthers)
- Using Twitter to Understand Public Attitudes Towards COVID (Jae Hyun Lee, Cullen Baker, Jason Lwin)
Presidential Speeches (Kevin Finity, Ramit Garg, Maxwell McGaw)
3:15PM: Panel: "Bridging Data and Policy"
- Jerrie Kumalah, Data Scientist, Open Lattice
- Carlos Rivero, Chief Data Officer, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Daniel W. Player, Associate Professor of Public Policy, UVA Frank Batten School of Public Policy
4:15PM: Closing Keynote
- Rumman Chowdhury, Responsible AI Lead, Accenture